mercoledì 12 luglio 2006

I found myself living in the Middle East at the same time while people’s universal ignorance of this region was growing at the constant rhythm of its mediatic overrepresentation.I found myself losing a beloved person and trying to overcome my pain contemplating others’ happiness and sadness. This happened in Egypt.
My personal belief is that photography should be the deeper eye of a one-eyed mediatic society. Photography is a humanist gaze always hanging in the balance between a robbery and an ethical choice, between innocence and guilt.
These images are my homage to a land, to all the individual and collective stories to which this land is a daily theatre and to all those who told them and will tell them in the future, again and again, in any form.

وجدت نفسي أعيش في الشرق الأوسط في وقت يزداد فيه جهل الناس بهذا المكان مع كل ظهور له على الشاشات
وجدت نفسي أفقد حبيبا و أحاول أن أغالب آلامي بالتأمل في سعادة الآخرين و تعاستهم. و كان هذا في مصر
في اعتقادي أن الفوتوغرافيا يجب أن عينا لمجتمع أعمته الميديا. الفوتوغرافيا هي نظرة انسانية معلقة دوما في هذه المسافة بين السرقة و الخيار الأخلاقي، بين البراءة و الذنب
هذه الصور إهداء لأرض، لآحاد و قصص جماعية تتخذ من هذه الأرض مسرحا يوميا و لكل هؤلاء الذين حكوها و سيحكونها مرة بعد مرة و بكل الصور

Nessun commento: